Punjab is home to glory, bravery, and faith. It is a place with a rich heritage and deeply embedded cultural roots. It is the land of five rivers that fertilizes the soil and nourishes civilizations. Let’s know what the best places to visit in Punjab are.
- Amritsar: Home to Golden Temple, Jalianwala Bagh, Akal Takht, Wagah Border, Rambagh garden, Summer Palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and Wagah border are a few tourist attractions in Amritsar that will introduce the visitor to the rich cultural side of Punjab.
- Chandigarh: The Leisure Valley, Sukhna Lake, Rock garden, Chhatbir Zoo, Rose garden, Timber trail, Sarkaria Cactus Garden and Timber Trail are some of the famous places to visit in Chandigarh, Punjab. Chandigarh is famously called the ‘The City Beautiful’ because it is well planned and so well modernized that the natural heritage of the land is not lost to date. Chandigarh is touted as the perfect example of cultural and modern values. If you are a doll lover then the International doll museum will catch your eye. There is a Government Museum and Art gallery to treat the art connoisseurs as well.
- Jalandhar: Think sports think Jalandhar because this city has been home to many sports legends. The Mahabaratha carries a brief reference of Jalandhar hence this place has deep religious and historical significance. Imam Nasir Masjid, Devi Talab Mandir, Shaheed-E-Azam Sardar Bhagat Singh Museum, Wonderland theme park, Shiv Mandir, Rangla Punjab Haveli, Sheetla Mandir, Niku Park, and Pushpa Gujral Science City are some of the popular tourists’ must-sees in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Ludhiana: Situated near the river Sutlej, Ludhiana as a city was monumental in the fight against British oppression. It has its share of well known religious and historically important centers so let’s know what they are. The Punjab Agricultural University Museum, Tiger Zoo, Rural Heritage Museum, Gurudwara Charan Kamal, Phillaur Fort, Nehru rose garden, and Deer Park are some of the well-known establishments of Ludhiana. https://lifestylepatterns.com/tourist-places/the-beauty-of-jammu-kashmir/
- Bhatinda: The famous city where the Mughals and Guru Gobind Singh fought, Bhatinda is the living and breathing story of Sikh glory and bravery. Rose garden, Bhatinda Lake, Bhatinda Fort, Qila Mubarak, Bhatinda Zoological park, Chetak Park, Dhobhi Bazaar, and Bir Talab Zoo are the most visited tourist spots in Bhatinda, Punjab.
- Pathankot: The beautiful link between Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Jammu and Kashmir, Pathankot is a beautiful hill station. The land has rich historical significance and is one of the leading tourist destinations in Punjab. Kali Mata Ka Mandir, Shahpurkandi Fort, Hydraulic Research Station, Ranjit Sagar Dam, Nurpur Fort, Ashapurni, and Mukteshwar temple are some of the best places to visit in Punjab.
- Mohali: IT industries in Punjab are densely located in Mohali, Chandigarh, and Panchkula. The three together are called as Tri-city. The city is also called as SAS Nagar because it has been named after Sahibzada Ajit Singh, the eldest son of Guru Gobind Singh. The Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary and lake, Gurdwara Amb Sahib, Mansa Devi Temple, Rock garden, Silvi Park,mohali cricket stadium and Mataur Lake are some of the famous places to visit in Tri-city, Punjab.
Hope the above list of famous places to visit in Punjab has intrigued you enough. Punjab is also the food capital of India, so no better way to honor it than visiting it and enjoying its beauty.