The silver state has much more to offer on the Kerala Backwaters trip. The backwaters are fresh river water that are used for irrigational purposes. One could spot many unique species of aquatic life along the way in these Kerela Backwaters. If you want to visit a place that is not cramped up by tourists you could explore the backwaters of Kozhikode that is slowly transforming to a one-stop destination for water sports. If you are interested in taking a close look at the intrinsic water networks and lakes then Kerela Backwaters is the destination for you.
Do not forget to book kerela house boats and experience the feel of a floating home. It is actually a great idea for couples to spend some time away tucked away in the midst of nature. If you want to experience serenity and awe then Kerala backwaters is the place to visit.
Here are the 10 Most Unique Kerala Backwaters you must visit.
1. Valiyaparamba backwaters: Valiyaparamba backwaters are a combination of four rivers. One could engage themselves in Mangrove trail of Malabar if they are finding an adventure.
2. Kavvayi Backwater: Kavvayi Backwater is the Northern Kerala’s largest backwater. The best and famous thing to do here is to enjoy the flowing backwater in a houseboat watching a lot of temple festivals.
3. Marine Drive: At the backdrop of backwaters, Marine Drive indulges in a shopping spree. One of the sightseeing places to not miss is the Rainbow bridge and the China Net Bridge that is just breathtaking.
4. Padanna Backwaters: For a relaxing and romantic trip on a moonlit evening, Padanna Backwaters is the best place to be. You could make a stop at Kareem’s forest and explore nature’s roots. Mussel farming is also a popular choice of activity to take part in.
5. Thiruvallam Backwaters: If you crave for an adventure water sports like Kayaking and canoeing Thiruvallam Backwaters are the best choice to pick. Here one can even learn how to build houseboats.
6. Ashtamudi Backwaters: Ashtamudi Backwaters takes you through luxurious resorts and the rich heritage of Kerala. Enjoy the day by living in the floating huts and sink in the beauty of Kerala.
7. Alumkadavu: Alumkadavu is the place that introduced houseboats which have now become synonymous to the state. There are good chances that you might get to witness craftsman making houseboats in their original setting while sailing on the Kerela backwaters.
8. Vembanad Lake: Want to see live snake boat racing? View the spectacle snake boat racing on the Vembanad Lake during every Onam season. The other nearest tourist spot is bird watching at Kumarakom bird sanctuary.
9. Sasthamkotta Backwaters: Sasthamkotta Backwaters is called the queen of lakes as it is the largest lake in Kerala that is surrounded by three hills. This place is considered holy and feeding nuts and fruits to a monkey is a part of the ritual they follow.
10. Pathiramanal Backwaters:If you a big fan of bird watching then Pathiramanal Backwaters is the best place to watch migrated birds and a few rare species of birds.