DIY’s(do it yourself’s) are the current flavor for anything and everything these days. From remodeling dresses to
making sofas, DIY’s are in. why not for beauty then. Pimples on the face occur due to excessive
oil and dirt. Acne is also a result of pimples and can make the face look dull and gloomy.
Remedies for pimples on face when done at home are cost effective and the results are
immediate at times.
Below are a few essential tips or remedies for pimples on face-
1. Toothpaste- yes, it’s possible to overcome pimples troubles with toothpaste. Apply it on
the pimple at night and place a cotton mesh over it to ensure it doesn’t spread. The results
next morning would astonish you. The toothpaste acts on the pimple by drying it out.
Make sure that the paste is white and not gel based. Works well on all skin types.
2. Peppermint essential oil and vitamin E- This aromatic mix should be applied directly on
the pimple and left uncovered. It has antimicrobial properties and acts like an astringent.
Peppermint also helps in reducing the selling and redness around the pimple. Reapply
after a few hours again to speed up the process.
3. Lemon oil- lemons have been used to in remedies for pimples on face like forever.
Lemon oil has antimicrobial properties and inhibits free radial damage on skin.
4. Honey and mint- it is well known that mint and honey can ease dark under eye troubles
but it is also a fact these two are magic when it comes to pimples. Pure honey makes sure
that pimples are gone forever and mint helps remove the pimple itself. A face mask using
honey and mint is a great moisturizer for the face as well.
5. Green Tea- Antioxidant and antimicrobial properties are plenty in green tea. Dip a face
mask in the tea for 15 minutes and apply it on the face to experience the coolness of
6. Aspirin- From the medicine cabinet, aspirin is a real saver. Break down the pill and
dissolve it in little filtered water and apply it directly on the zit. Aspirin reduces the
inflammation on the pimple and dries it up.
7. Aloe Vera- A wonder plant, Aloe has the answers for everything. It is a burn relieving
agent and fights scaring from pimples as well. Just slice the aloe leaf in the middle and
spoon out some out some its gel and apply directly on face.
8. Apple cider vinegar- Malic and lactic acids found in apple cider vinegar reduce
inflammation and treat acne from within. Mix equal parts of water and apple cider
vinegar and apply on the skin using a cotton ball. Remember to shake the mix well before
9. Acidic fruits like oranges, gooseberry etc also effective as remedies for pimples on face.
Just absorb their juices in a cotton swap and apply directly on the pimple spot.
10. Ice cubes- Yes ice it up and lose it. One of the most effective results for losing a pimple
comes from ice. Hold it in a soft cloth and press against the pimple for two minutes, keep
repeating until you see observable difference. Ice acts by reducing swelling and shrinks
Pimples on the face are confidence downers hence immediate efforts are needed to address them.
Just use one of the above remedies for pimples on face to get the shine back.