Lucknow is the city of Nawabs. It is famous for its historical buildings, monuments, and structures. If you want to visit a city where you can witness the true culture of incredible India, Lucknow should be the final destination. Are you planning to visit it? If yes, then you should know the top 10 places to visit in Lucknow. Read on to know more.
1. Bara Imambara: When it comes to exploring the top tourist places in Lucknow, the importance of Bara Imambara can’t be ignored. It was constructed by Asafiuddaula in 1784. This historical structure is also called Asifi Imambara. The main motto behind constructing this shrine was to help Shia Muslims to worship.
2. Chota Imambara: Chota Imambara is another striking tourist attraction in Lucknow. If you want to witness the beauty of chandeliers and stunning decorations, you should not forget visiting at Chota Imambara. It is located adjacent to Bara Imambara.
3. Jama Masjid: Jama Masjid in Lucknow is considered among the most beautiful mosques throughout India. It was constructed using white sandstones.
4 .The Residency: British Residency is certainly the most striking tourist attraction in Lucknow. If you are going to visit at Lucknow, you shouldn’t forget visiting at Lucknow Residency. If you want to witness the architecture of colonial India, it is a great structure to explore.
5. Rumi Gate: Rumi Gate or Rumi Darwaza is a famous historical structure in Lucknow. It is situated adjacent to Bara Imambara. It is about 60-foot tall. When you visit city, you aren’t supposed to witness the architectural beauty of Rumi Darwaza.
6 .Husainabad Clock Tower: When you visit Rumi Gate, you will find out another great tourist attraction called Husainabad Clock Tower. It was constructed in 1887. Here, one point should be noted that this seven-story clock tower building the tallest clock tower in India. If you want to explore British architecture, you must visit here.
7 .Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Park: When it comes to exploring the top 10 places to visit in Lucknow, you aren’t supposed to ignore the importance of parks. Ram Manohar Lohia Park is certainly another striking tourist attraction in the city. If you love spending time in the lap of greenery, Lohia Park could be your final choice.
8. Sikandar Bagh: It is considered among the most beautiful gardens in the city. This amazing garden was constructed by Nawab of Lucknow in 1800. This garden is also known for its importance during the 1857 rebellion. Now, it is a part of National Botanical Research Institute of India. If you want to witness the beauty of aromatic, ornamental and medicinal plants and herbs, you need to visit this historical garden.
9.Begum Hazrat Mahal Park: Begum Hazrat Mahal Park has constructed the memory of famous Begum Hazrat Mahal. She was the first wife of Wajid Ali Shah, the then Nawab of Lucknow. She is today basically known for her role during the 1857 rebellion.
10 . Lucknow Zoo: If you want to explore wildlife and natural beauty, visiting at zoo can be of great help. It is also considered among the top picnic spots or weekend tourist places to visit in Lucknow.